Edelbrock's New RPM Xtreme™ LS-Series Cylinder Head Offers
CNC Performance with As-cast Value
Edelbrock's new RPM Xtreme™ cylinder heads for GM Gen-3 and 4 LS-Series engines (Part #61949) offer the best combination of as-cast port design and custom CNC porting technology available. By blending the affordability of as-cast ports with custom CNC porting in the critical areas (combustion chambers, intake entry, exhaust exit and intake/exhaust bowls), Edelbrock engineers are able to improve air flow and overall performance. This proven combination yields a powerful cylinder head at a lower cost than typical fully CNC'd heads.
Dyno testing on a stock 385HP LS6 engine with Edelbrock LS Series heads and a Lingenfelter GT1-1 cam resulted in an impressive 488 hp @ 6500 rpm and 432 ft./lbs. of torque @ 5000 rpm - made with just a head and cam change.
All Edelbrock intake manifolds and cylinder heads are cast and machined in Edelbrock's own California facilities for absolute consistency and quality control.
- Direct replacement for 1997 and later GM GEN-3 and GEN-4 engines, including 4.8L, 5.3L, 5.7L and 6.0L V8s
- 5/8" thick deck for extreme durability
- Heli-coil inserts in all high-torque bosses
- 214cc intake ports flow 286 cfm @ .600" lift
- 80cc exhaust ports flow 215 cfm @ .650" lift w/o pipe
- Stainless steel 2.02" intake and 1.57" exhaust valves
- Retail Price: $999.00 ea.
Edelbrock RPM Xtreme LS Series Specifications
- Combustion Chamber: 65cc, CNC ported
- Intake Runner Volume: 214cc, CNC profiled
- Exhaust Runner Volume: 78cc, CNC profiled
- Intake Valve: 2.02-inch
- Exhaust Valve: 1.57-inch
- Deck Thickness: 5/8-inch
- Valve Spring: Conical progressive rate; .600" lift
- Valve train: Stock rocker
For more information visit www.edelbrock.com, or call (800) 416-8628
About Edelbrock, LLC
Founded in 1938, Torrance-based Edelbrock, LLC is recognized as one of the nation's premier designers, manufacturers and distributor of performance replacement parts for the automotive aftermarket. Edelbrock produces their core products in the United States of America using state-of-the-art equipment in their world class manufacturing facilities. Edelbrock, LLC encompasses five locations in Southern California and one location in North Carolina totaling more than 500,000 square feet.
For more info, please visit: www.edelbrock.com