NHRA Approves New Edelbrock Pontiac Cylinder Head
for Super Stock Eliminator Competition
Edelbrock is pleased to announce the release of a dedicated Super Stock Eliminator cylinder head for Pontiac racers, #60587. Pontiac racers can now enjoy the benefits of Edelbrock aluminum Performer RPM cylinder heads with NHRA approved cylinder head #60587. The #60587 cylinder head is modeled after the 1969-1970 Ram-Air IV style Pontiac cylinder heads. Edelbrock engineers designed the Pontiac head with a 7/16" stud and guide plate system, allowing for full valve train adjustability. Hardened pushrods and stud-mounted rocker arms are required. The exhaust flange is patterned after the 69-70 Ram-Air IV and requires round-port exhaust manifolds or headers. Taller head bolt bosses require the use of Edelbrock head-bolt kit #8556. In order to accurately identify this NHRA Super Stock approved Pontiac head the oval NHRA logo is machined into the cylinder head on opposing ends.
All Edelbrock cylinder heads are cast from A356 aluminum and machined in Edelbrock's California facilities for absolute Made in USA consistency and quality control.
- A356 aluminum casting with 5/8" thick deck
- 215cc Intake port volumes
- 175cc Exhaust port volume
- 72cc combustion chamber
- Machined for 2.11" intake / 1.66" exhaust valve combo
- Fully adjustable 7/16" stud and guide plate valve train (3/8" pushrod recommended)
- Maganese bronze valve guides and ductile iron interlocking valve seats
- Heli-coil inserts in critical areas, including rocker stud and exhaust flange bosses
- Made in USA---NHRA Super Stock Eliminator Approved
- Part-No: #60587 (bare)
About Edelbrock, LLC
Founded in 1938, Torrance-based Edelbrock, LLC is recognized as one of the nation's premier designers, manufacturers and distributor of performance replacement parts for the automotive aftermarket. Edelbrock produces their core products in the United States of America using state-of-the-art equipment in their world class manufacturing facilities. Edelbrock, LLC encompasses five locations in Southern California and one location in North Carolina totaling more than 500,000 square feet.
For more info, please visit: www.edelbrock.com