NHRA Approves New Edelbrock Oldsmobile Cylinder Head
for Super Stock Eliminator Competition
TORRANCE, CA - Edelbrock and the National Hot Rod Association have a longstanding relationship dating back to their humble Southern California roots. In support of the NHRA's Super Stock class Edelbrock is please to announce the release of a dedicated Super Stock Eliminator cylinder head for Oldsmobile racers.
Oldsmobile racers can now enjoy the benefits of Edelbrock aluminum cylinder heads with NHRA approved cylinder head #60517. The #60517 cylinder head is designed to replace all O.E. 1965 -1976 Big-block (400, 425 or 455 cid) Oldsmobile heads, except 1968-1969 W-30 heads. Edelbrock engineers designed the Olds head with a 7/16" stud and guide plate system, allowing for full valve train adjustability. Hardened pushrods and stud-mounted rocker arms are required. In order to accurately identify this NHRA Super Stock approved Olds head the oval NHRA logo is machined into the cylinder head on opposing ends.
All Edelbrock cylinder heads are cast from prime A356 aluminum and machined in Edelbrock's California facilities for absolute Made in USA consistency and quality control.
- A356 aluminum casting with 5/8" thick deck
- 190 cc Left / 195 cc Right Intake port volumes
- 106cc Exhaust port volume
- 77cc dual-quench design combustion chamber
- Machined for 2.072" intake / 1.625" exhaust valve combo
- Fully adjustable 7/16" stud and guide plate valve train (3/8" pushrod recommended)
- Maganese bronze valve guides and ductile iron interlocking valve seats
- Heli-coil inserts in critical areas, including rocker stud and exhaust flange bosses
- Made in USA---NHRA Super Stock Approved
- Part-No: #60517 (bare)
Founded in 1938, Torrance-based Edelbrock Corp. is recognized as one of the nation's premier designers, manufacturers and distributors of performance replacement parts for the automotive and motorcycle after markets. For more information please visit us at www.edelbrock.com